This Tiramisu Poke Cake is easily one of favorites of almost everyone. There are so many things to love. It’s very similar to tiramisu, but easier to make. It is incredibly moist. And it tastes amazing. I could eat the whole cake in one sitting. it really does taste that good.
This cake is full of the flavors of a classic tiramisu – rich chocolate, smooth coffee, and delicate whipped cream that make for a memorable and marvelous dessert! This poke cake marinates overnight in the delicious flavors of Kahlua and cream, making it moist and irresistible. I love the added dusting of cocoa on top for a pretty appearance and a little extra chocolate. Check out the full recipe below.
Tiramisu Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (6 oz) carton cafe au lait yogurt (I used Yoplait Greek)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Cocoa powder and powdered sugar, for dusting
- First, prepare your cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and liberally grease a 13×9″ baking pan with cooking spray; set pan aside. Prepare your cake mix according to package directions. Stir in the espresso powder and the cinnamon to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool the cake completely. Once cake has cooled, poke holes in it using the handle of a wooden spoon, careful not to completely penetrate the cake all the way through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, condensed milk and Kahlua until blended. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the cake, careful to fill the holes as best as you can. Allow the cake to sit in the fridge for about 20 minutes, then spread the Cool Whip on top in an even layer.
- Refrigerate the cake for about 4 hours, or overnight, to settle and allow the flavors to combine and absorb into the cake. Cut into squares and serve! Store leftovers covered in the fridge for about 3 days.
Do Share it with your friends who loves cooking.