It is of a golden-yellow colour, with the characteristic odour of cinnamon and a very hot aromatic taste, A slice of this great every day cake goes well with a cup of coffee. Check out this great recipe below…
The flavour of cinnamon is due to an aromatic essential oil that makes up 0.5 to 1% of its composition. This essential oil is prepared by roughly pounding the bark, macerating it in sea water, and then quickly distilling the whole. Except for the the milk and small amount in the egg, the cake itself has very little fat and using low-fat milk will keep the fat to a minimum
What You Need
- 1 + 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- chopped walnuts (optional)
What To Do
- Preheat Oven at 350
- Grease a 13×9 pan.
- In a bowl mix all cake ingredients and place in pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar,cinnamon; walnuts on top of cake
- Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes