This sure is a Crazy Cake recipe. It is called so because the baking process is pretty out-of-the-ordinary. In all honesty, this is one of the easiest cake you will ever made. Will it taste like real cake? It can’t be possible. Could not believe how easy it is to make ?
No bowl, no mess. For all the craziness that you might expect, even with the missing ingredients it turned out to be super moist and rich. It was awesome. Discover this amazing chocolate crazy cake from over at Sweet Little Bluebird…No Eggs, Milk, Butter, Bowls or Mixers!
CRAZY CAKE, also known as Wacky Cake & Depression Cake – No Eggs, Milk, Butter, Bowls or Mixers! Super moist and delicious. Go-to recipe for egg/dairy allergies. Great activity to do with kids. It’s darn good cake!
Chocolate Crazy Cake Recipe (No Eggs, Milk, Butter or Bowls)
- 1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup sugar (All purpose sugar – Granulated Pure Cane Sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8″ square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients – two small, one larger (see #3 in photo below). Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Cool. Top with your favorite frosting. Enjoy!